Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cusabi?

Nancy wrote on Sun, 18 Mar 2007 17:27:26 -0400:

??>> Piggybacking - sorry. I saw a small number of posts on
??>> Chowhound which suggested that it involves a combination
??>> of cucumber and wasabi. Several posters said that Hidden
??>> Valley makes a cusabi ranch, but I can't remember ever
??>> seeing it. These posts were from 4 to 5 years ago.

NY> Ah! I did think cucumber (not that many food items come
NY> to mind that start with cu), but I guess the sabi part kept
NY> me on the spicy train of thought. Then the link you posted
NY> said the stuff was cooling. Thanks, Kevin.

A Google search came up with a menu defining "cusabi" sauce as
combined wasabi and cucumber. I've never heard of it before!

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not