Posted to rec.food.cooking
KevinS KevinS is offline

Default Cusabi?

On Mar 18, 2007, Nancy Young wrote:

> I went to lunch today, one of the appetizers was a surprise
> to me, fried pickles. *Tempura coated. *I didn't order them,
> but I noticed they came with cusabi dipping sauce.

> Just curious what that is. *I'm thinking cumin/wasabi.
> No doubt El Wrongo.

Interesting - I haven't heard of it either. I did a quick search
and got lots of hits but most seemed to be menus which
said such-and-such a dish with cusabi sauce without
saying what it was. I'll be curious to hear what it is.

In the meantime, here was a brief discussion of fried pickles:

http://www.allyourbase-arebelongto.us/node/129

Pretty bare bones.