Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] orders@take360.com is offline

Default Reheat panini?

On Mar 11, 1:48 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:
> > "Mike C" > wrote:
> >>I love making panini and would like to serve them more for a crowd
> >>Making them at the last minute for a crowd is next to impossible (even
> >>with the biggest panini press). How much does the taste/texture suffer
> >>if you make them in advance using a panini press and then reheat in an
> >>oven before serving?

> How big of a crowd? Do it the way any bar in Italy would do it. Make up
> the sandwich ahead and just toss them into the grill when needed. It does
> not take all that long. If you can do two at a time, when they come out,
> cut them in halves or quarters and you now have food in the hands of eight
> people while the next batch is cooking.
> Some things just don't reheat as well as right off the press.

I am going to make up the sandwiches in advance. Then I will cook 2 at
a time (that is what fits) and put them in a warm oven until the next
batch is done. They should still be pretty good. I hate to serve some
of my guests and make the others wait. This way, everyone will at
least have 1/2 a panini to start with while I do the next batch.