Posted to rec.food.cooking
timbrel timbrel is offline

Default how long do dried chiles last?

Should have known that someone would come up with a criticism. What is
it with lists these days? Glad someone didn't notice that I wrote
"through" rather than "throw"!
Now, as it happens I found several packages of peppers. It was late
evening, I was working at the computer anyway, so a message was a fast
way to get opinions and help me decide whether to toss everything (I'm
trying to declutter my life) or do something else. And I enjoy the
discussions here, in any case.
As it happens, what did not occur to me was the suggestion made here
to rehydrate some and taste. My only thought was to hold them longer
and try them in a recipe. So as soon as I get back home I'm going to
try just that. Thanks for everyone' s opinions and guesses. I enjoyed
them.
Now I'm going to post another request for opinions as I decide on a
menu for a dinner party on Saturday.

Bliss