alzelt

Default Kishke - Kishka - How do _You_ make it?

Robocheese wrote:

> Only Jewish Grandmothers need apply. (Just kidding.)
>
> I make a pretty good Kishke. Simple recipe with the celery, carrots,
> flour, oil rolled into Aluminum foil and baked at 350 for 60 minutes or so.
> Very good. Even for a non-jewish cook.
>
> But not great. What is the secret to a Great Kishke? I'd appreciate a
> recipe for something what I normally have like at Jerry's Deli in Studio
> City, or any other authentic places. The kishke is crusty and incredibly
> tasty. I prefer the baked to the steamed.
>
> Wonder if chicken fat is the trick. Or the "vegetable casing" whatever
> that is.
>
> Need help here. I'm addicted. I am ready for some serious home cooking.
>
> Many thanks ahead.
>

> Mr. Robo Cheese
>
> ( Email?: If you can't say it here, you keep it.)

My grandmother always saved the skin from the chicken necks. When she
had enough, she sewed them together. Hey, it was worth the effort.
--
Alan

"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and
avoid the people, you might better stay home."
--James Michener