Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.gardens.edible,rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Sheldon is offline

Default Frozen Lima Beans

On Mar 3, 12:57�pm, (Steve Pope) wrote:
> Emma Thackery > wrote:
>
> > Fresh limas, right out of the garden, are just fabulous.

> I really hope someday to have the opportunity to have fresh
> limas. *The same goes for blackeyed peas.

If you're going to cook them you'd be hard pressed to tell the
difference between fresh picked and fresh frozen, in fact it can't be
done. The only way to appreciate fresh picked beans of any type is to
eat them raw, in salads or marinated. Except for some ethnic markets
you won't usually find fresh hull beans in the produce section simply
because few people are going to eat raw fresh beans. Most people will
only eat them cooked, so they may as well buy fresh frozen.

Sheldon