Posted to rec.food.cooking
Puester Puester is offline

Default Torresmos (Portuguese Garlic Roasted Pork)

King's Crown wrote:
> I make the below recipe once a year for my Portuguese husband. He loves it.
> To me the meat is tough and dry, but very tasty. I've tried cooking it
> less, but then you don't get the lovely browned flavor. Wondering if anyone
> had any other suggestions to make it more tender and not so dry. I have my
> MILs recipe, but she passed away 6 months after we were married and I never
> got to do any cooking with her. Lynne
>
> Torresmos (Portuguese Garlic Roasted Pork)

(recipe snipped)

Interesting, Lynne. My grandmother used to make torresmos by rendering
what was mostly pork fat (that had been marinated) until all that was
left was "cracklings".

In my experience, most meats are served "well-done" in Portuguese cuisine.

The strange thing about Portuguese cooking is that it is a very small
country but recipes change tremendously from one town to the next and
from one family to the next, and this doesn't even include Madeira and
the Azores Islands.

gloria p