Ann Sharp

Default Heavy Gas Smell from Oven?

Steve
> I'm some places (New York being one of them) if you call in a gas
> leak, they legally have to respond within one hour. They may also "red
> tag" your home until it's resolved too. That means the gas is shut
> off, period. No if's, ands, or buts.

Ann:
I don't know what the call response time is in northern California,
where I live, but PG&E certainly will shut off gas as appropriate and
red-tag the appliance, or the whole house, or whatever is safest, and either
fix the leak themselves or require that it be fixed -- depending on the
location of the leak -- before turning the gas back on. Turning gas back on
is not a home handyman job, either -- ALWAYS have the service person do it.

I have a few more good warnings, too, but by the time they're read on a
Usenet list, it's probably too late to do much good.

L.P.H.,

Ann