Steve Calvin

Default Tilia foodsaver does not suck good

Kim Grauballe wrote:

> Foodsavers suck, period. You don't get value for your money whicheverway you
> look at it.
> Look mat the outlay for the machine, and the continuing cost of the right
> bags.
> If you use ordinary freezer bags, suck them out by mouth, or for larger
> numbers by vacuumcleaner, twist them while keeping the suction, and tie a
> not afterwards it works quite as well as a machine
> Kim.

Not by my experience. The ordinary freezer bags are somewhat porous
and over the course of time some air will migrate into the bag. I
have a Tilia and have had it for about 3 years. It's saved up over the
cost if the unit and bags because we've not thrown anything out for
being freezer burned since we started using it. Plus there are many
other uses over and above using it for freezing things.

--
Steve