Don K

Default how to sharpen mini dike-cutters, nipper-cutters?

"Alan Horowitz" > wrote in message
om...
> how to sharpen the mini dike cutters and nipper cutters used in
> electrical & electronic work?
>
> They're too small to handle with jigs, and the blades don't even open
> very widely. Yet, their utility is directly proportional to how
> recently they've been sharpened/honed.

Unlike scissors, the effectiveness of these cutters require a mashing
action between two wedges that are perfectly parallel and precisely
aligned with each other. If there are gaps, nicks, or misalignment
they will not cut cleanly and you might as well throw them away.

I've never known anyone to sharpen them. Removing material will
only make the gaps bigger. I don't think they can be sharpened.

Don