Vox Humana

Default Non-Stick that can be cleaned in dishwasher?

"Eric McNew" > wrote in message
> I'm investigating new cookware and would like to find a quality
> nonstick surface that is dishwasher safe. I love caph. but would
> probably never use it if I had to handwash.
>
> Thanks

Dupont says that their non-stick coatings are dishwasher safe. I put my
Kirkland non-stick in the dishwasher. If by "caph" you mean Calphalon, then
I don't see that as non-stick, just anodized aluminum. Unfortunately,
anodized can not be cleaned in the dishwasher. I find that regular
stainless steel is nearly non-stick. The fond that develops on the surface
can be easily removed by deglazing with water. Just heat the pan and pour
in some water. I use a wad of paper towels on a pair of tongs to wipe the
hot pan. Then, it goes into the dishwasher.