Posted to rec.food.equipment
yetanotherBob yetanotherBob is offline

Default Equi-Flow dehydrators?

In article .com>,
says...
> I've recently acquired an equi-flow unit.... This is a square shaped
> dehydrator with 10 shelves. It must be about 20 years old and it
> appears the company is no longer in business.... It seems to have
> some similarities with the excalibur.
>
> I don't have any owners manuals or other documentaion on how to use
> this dehydrator. My primary interest at the moment is making beef
> jerky. Can anyone point me to online docs for this unit or give me
> some tips on getting started wih it? I will probably end up ordering
> a book or two, so I'd welcome suggestions along those lines as well.
>
> ..fred

As for a book, I'd recommend "Mary Bell's Complete Dehydrator Cookbook".

It's got useful general tips on using dehydrators, and a lot of good-
looking recipes for jerkies and dishes using dehydrated foods.

I say "good looking" because I haven't tried any of the recipes per se.
So far I've used the book more as a general guide for drying sprouted
seeds and nuts, fruits and veggies.

Bob