Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Priscilla H. Ballou Priscilla H. Ballou is offline

Default TV dinners

In article >,
"Scruples" > wrote:

> "Anon" > wrote in message
> > Since my granddaughter went to visit her sister, I have been alone. I
> > usually don't have the ambition to cook a real meal just for me so I have
> > been eating a lot of TV dinners. Sometimes I add a salad to the meal. I
> > especially like the label that tells me how many carbs are in the meal.
> >
> > I like the Stouffer's, Healthy Choice and Smart Ones brands because they
> > have lower carb meals.
> >
> > Anon

> Just choose well. The Healthy Choice Tukey Dinner has 22 grams of carb, 200
> calories and 0 sugar, good choice. Unfortunately the pepperoni French bread
> pizza is 49 carb grams, 5 grams sugar and weighs in at 350 calories. The
> trick to any of this is to plan ahead about what you are buting, research
> and READ the ingredients. You can still have your TV dinners and eat them
> too
>
> A good rule of thumb is to not use the dinners with a bread or rice base or
> sweet sauces. I suppose for the zero carbers this won't work

There's only one zero carber I've seen post, and he was mentally
unstable as well as dishonest -- he actually was consuming carbs in the
vegetables he ate. He just ignored them.

To what zero carbers are you referring?

> but as for me I
> am a well controlled diabetic for 15 years (no damage) and use approcimatly
> 60-75 grams of carb per day. I do eat fruit, whole grain bread, Dreamfield's
> pasta (all in moderation!) and I eat cake on my birthday.
>
> You can check out the ingredients and nutrition on
> http://www.healthychoice.com/product...s/simple_s.jsp for Healthy Choice
> Meals.

Priscilla, T2