Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Scruples Scruples is offline

Default TV dinners

"Anon" > wrote in message
> Since my granddaughter went to visit her sister, I have been alone. I
> usually don't have the ambition to cook a real meal just for me so I have
> been eating a lot of TV dinners. Sometimes I add a salad to the meal. I
> especially like the label that tells me how many carbs are in the meal.
>
> I like the Stouffer's, Healthy Choice and Smart Ones brands because they
> have lower carb meals.
>
> Anon

Just choose well. The Healthy Choice Tukey Dinner has 22 grams of carb, 200
calories and 0 sugar, good choice. Unfortunately the pepperoni French bread
pizza is 49 carb grams, 5 grams sugar and weighs in at 350 calories. The
trick to any of this is to plan ahead about what you are buting, research
and READ the ingredients. You can still have your TV dinners and eat them
too

A good rule of thumb is to not use the dinners with a bread or rice base or
sweet sauces. I suppose for the zero carbers this won't work but as for me I
am a well controlled diabetic for 15 years (no damage) and use approcimatly
60-75 grams of carb per day. I do eat fruit, whole grain bread, Dreamfield's
pasta (all in moderation!) and I eat cake on my birthday.

You can check out the ingredients and nutrition on
http://www.healthychoice.com/product...s/simple_s.jsp for Healthy Choice
Meals.