Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Alan S Alan S is offline

Default TV dinners

On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 16:45:46 -0800, "Anon" >
wrote:

>Since my granddaughter went to visit her sister, I have been alone. I
>usually don't have the ambition to cook a real meal just for me so I have
>been eating a lot of TV dinners. Sometimes I add a salad to the meal. I
>especially like the label that tells me how many carbs are in the meal.
>
>I like the Stouffer's, Healthy Choice and Smart Ones brands because they
>have lower carb meals.
>
>Anon

I agree with the others on TV dinners.

Just a suggestion. Try cooking up meals in bulk - soups,
casseroles, stews and similar. Then freeze single serves in
individual packs. It only takes a few minutes to zap one in
the microwave and you can do all your cooking in one
afternoon every week or so.

I spent yesterday doing a little cooking. Over four hours
(most of it spent reading or watching TV, interrupted by the
timer occasionally to check things) I cooked up 8 serves of
curry,
http://tinyurl.com/26gsj9
six of beef burgundy
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com/20...-burgundy.html
and 11 serves of soup
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com/20...able-soup.html

Overnight in the fridge to cool in bulk, into plastic
containers this morning.

That doesn't mean you have to eat soup for every lunch and
stew every night - but it does let you zap it quick and easy
when you don't feel like cooking something else.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 1000mg, ezetrol 10mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com/
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/