Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cooking frozen meatloaf without thawing???

"tomkanpa" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Jan 31, 10:54 am, "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:
>> "tomkanpa" > wrote in message
>>
>> ups.com...
>>
>> > How do I adjust the baking time and temperature for cooking frozen
>> > meatloafs? They're all made and frozen raw.

>> You want to eat this tonight, right?

> YOU GOT IT!

Without knowing how big the meat loaf is (and I don't wanna know):

4 hours ahead of time: Cover pan with foil, put in 250 degree oven for 2
hours. Stick a thin knife into the center. If it seems defrosted, uncover
and crank the heat to 350. Cook another hour. Stick in a meat thermometer,
which you probably don't own, but will run out and buy during your lunch
hour. The thermometer will explain the rest.

If the first 2 hours didn't defrost the meat loaf, give it another hour.
Make sure the oven rack's in the center, by the way.