Posted to rec.food.equipment
Mitch Mitch is offline

Default Dishwasher: GE Profile vs Bosch

We're getting ready to upgrade some appliances, including the
dishwasher. The dishes come out of our Kitchenaid dirtier than they
went in.

I'm considering the Bosch SHE/SHX 43C0, and the GE Profile PDW9980NSS.

I understand that because the way the Bosch heats the water, plastic
can be washed on the lower rack.

I'm pretty sure the Profile has the standard heating element like
other dishwashers, but the pictures in the catalog show plastics on
the lower rack.

Does anyone own this model?

One important feature for us is the fan-assisted drying for plastic.
We do alot of "freezer" cooking, so we use tons of plastic containers.

I also love the single-rack wash mode, and of course the detergent
dispenser, but that's not a dealbreaker.

Everyone I know who owns a Bosch raves about how well it cleans, but
says it does a poor job drying.

In terms of noise, the GE Profile claims 46db, and only the
top-of-the-line Bosch models are that quiet. In fact, the 43C0 is
54db.

I'd appreciate any experience with either or both of these.