Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] marilen.corciovei@gmail.com is offline

Default Chicken gizzard stew

http://www.len.ro/cooking/chicken-gizzards-stew/

> > Len
> > http://www.len.ro
> >

> Thank you, this is even easier than my way. I clean the gizzards, but
> do not boil them, I just simmer them slowly in the caramelized diced
> onions, to which I add some chicken stock. I also put in some sliced
> carrots. I will try to do it as you posted, as that should be much
> faster. When I simmer the gizzards, it takes between one and two
> hours until they are tender enough and i have to stir them frequently.
> I will see whether I can find some in the market today.

It is easy indeed to boil the gizzards and you surely don't have to
stir so frequently. Sometimes depending on the gizzards quality you
have to throw the water away. This happens if the chicken was fed some
kind of junk. For me it still takes 30 mins to have the gizzards soft
enough.

Len
www.len.ro

> The pictures are great!