Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Sheldon is offline

Default Where to Buy Duck Liver

wrote:
> Anyone know where I can buy some duck or goose liver?
>
> Not Foie Gras, just regular duck liver. Can get chicken liver anywhere
> but everywhere I ask for duck liver, they don't have it.
>
> I'm in So. Cal.

In So. Cal. you will probably need to find a source for frozen. On the
east end of Lung Guyland, NY most every stupidmarket sells fresh duck
liver... and many area restuarants serve it in various ways, so why
stink up your house. I love liver, duck, chicken, calves, but I only
eat it out. Hint: liver should only be carefully broiled/grilled (do
not over cook)... any other cooking method ruins it, including saute.
Of course we're speaking ordinary duck liver, not force fed style (a
whole nother story).

Perhaps this will help (a neighbor not an hour from my door), it
mentions a CA purveyer:
http://www.hudsonvalleyfoiegras.com/nytimes.html

They have a store on line (pricey) but again, not plain old duck liver.
I'll stick to the fresh Lung Guyland fare I can get most anywhere on
the east end for the same price as stupidmarket chicken livers, fresh
duck eggs too, same price as chicken eggs by weight. Plenty of turkey
farms near Riverhead, NY... they sell fresh livers and eggs too...
Miklowski's on Rte 25A is where I used to buy my holiday bird. Best
grilled liver with bacon and smothered in onions is served at The
Harborside, Patchogue, NY... usta go for lunch; salad, soup, liver,
fries, and dessert cost $12.

I really miss Lung Guyland food... all these upstate hillybillys eat is
fast food and shit.

Sheldon