Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Gunner[_4_] Gunner[_4_] is offline

Default Fish Soup

"The Galloping Gourmand" AKA Head Banging Hank writes

> I did not "snatch" the recipe off the internet, but it is possible that
> whoever contributed the recipe to the local Spanish language newspaper
> found it somewhere on the web. The newspaper usually mentions the
> contributor's name though, so it's likely that the editors of "Nuestro
> Cocina" are the copyright infringers.
>
> However, posting some copyrighted material for the purpose of
> discussion in a limited newsgroup is far from unethical.

But as has been explained ad nauseum it is proper to credit the Newspaper or
columnist you "borrowed" it from. blah, blah, blah

> Similar recipes on www.terra.com showed that Caldo de Pescado was made
> with mako shark in Costa Rica, and claimed that shark was an
> "aphrodisiac" [as if hot-blooded Latinos *need* love potions ;-) ] but
> the recipe on that webpage specified sole or red snapper.

This is in reference to what? Caldo de Pescado is fish soup in your
vernacular isn't it? Fairly easy to
understand that you could use most any fish for a recipe named Fish Soup so
you
could use your goldfish if you wanted. Kinda like Beef Stew or Chicken
soup?

YOU however listed "pescado cazón cortado en trozos" and YOU wanted
to know what that was, like the yellow potato and Bell Pepper. Wayne gave
you the general interpretation of Cazon as shark. I further defined the
specific fish YOU asked about as a DOGFISH and I have already told you can
get in your waters but you chose to play a silly little misspelling game and
give another boring dissertation That I think plays to your hidden agenda.
This continuing habit of throwing superficial and diversionary BS fact into
your statements, continuously injecting subliminal elitism message of
Mexicans do not know how to eat Mexican Foods in furtherance of your Racist
attitude?

> And, as to whether I will actually try to cook ANY recipe depends upon
> the convenient availability of the ingredients.

Ya think maybe that is the answer to why the evolutionary process of cooking
is different in various parts of a country or a region and why your endless
banter of Tacos and Tamales is stupidly childish. You eschewing the
commonality of man while pretending you are socially and racially superior
is pathetic

>If a recipe calls for penguin meat, I'm not going to book passage to
>Antarctica to acquire it.

One can only hope you would go there if you continue to use such asinine
comments as this one.

Speaking of Continents! What Continent are you in your Head Busting Hank
persona talking about here? "There's a whole friggin' CONTINENT over there
somewhere, it's for Latrinos.
Follow the smell. You'll find it."