Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
The Galloping Gourmand The Galloping Gourmand is offline

Default Caldo de Pescado

Gunner wrote:

> but you have no intention of trying that recipe you snatched off the internet
> from Terra do you?

I did not "snatch" the recipe off the internet, but it is possible that
whoever contributed the recipe to the local Spanish language newspaper
found it somewhere on the web. The newspaper usually mentions the
contributor's name though, so it's likely that the editors of "Nuestro
Cocina" are the copyright infringers.

However, posting some copyrighted material for the purpose of
discussion in a limited newsgroup is far from unethical.

Similar recipes on www.terra.com showed that Caldo de Pescado was made
with mako shark in Costa Rica, and claimed that shark was an
"aphrodisiac" [as if hot-blooded Latinos *need* love potions ;-) ] but
the recipe on that webpage specified sole or red snapper.

And, as to whether I will actually try to cook ANY recipe depends upon
the convenient availability of the ingredients. If a recipe calls for
penguin meat, I'm not going to book passage to Antarctica to acquire it.