Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Y Steve Y is offline

Default 2-Alarm chili mix

For 2lbs of meat, ie just under 1Kg, I would use a teaspoon of chili
plus a whole fresh pepper (cayenne w/o seeds) plus some freshly ground
black pepper. You must have the equivalent of 3 tablespoons of "pepper"
in total in that recipe and I would imagine it will be "well hot"

Steve

PS What is "2 Alarm chili" ? A brand ? A restaurant ?