Frogleg

Default How do I get the lemon into lemon cream sauce?

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 03:57:05 GMT, "Adam Schwartz"
> wrote:

>"Scott Taylor" > wrote
>>
>> "Adam Schwartz" > wrote
>> > I needed to make a quick dinner tonight, and I had some chicken,

>some
>> > milk, lemon juice and capers. I know this isn't the right way to make
>> > anything, but it's all I had to work with. So i tried to make a lemon

>> cream
>> > sauce. I know lemon will curdle milk, so I read some recipes to figure

>> out
>> > how to add the lemon to the cream. Most said simmer the cream with

>> butter,
>> > then add the lemon juice off heat. I thought that when making a sauce

>> with
>> > cream and butter, you need to whisk the butter in off heat so it won't
>> > seperate. I tried simmering the milk with butter and then adding the

>> lemon
>> > juice, but it curdled. I tried simmerring the cream, then addin the

>lemon
>> > juie and butter off heat, but it curdled. By then I was out of time.

>Now
>> > want to know, what's the right way to add lemon to cream?

>> You might want to try eliminating the lemon juice and just stirring grated
>> lemon peel into your sauce, to taste. Voila, no worries about curdling.

> I didn't have a lemon, just lemon juice.

Not that I've tried it, but I would suggest the addition of flour.
I.e., make a white sauce with cream before adding lemon juice. A brief
Google shows either grated lemon peel flavoring cream, or a sauce made
with some kind of starch.