Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Roast Chicken - does free range taste any better

In article >,
Gareth > wrote:

> Does a free range corn fed chicken actually taste any better than a
> cheap chicken when roasted, or is it purely a matter of animal welfare?
>
> From my limited experience, I can't really tell the difference, but I
> would be interested in what other people think.
>
> Gareth

Based on my personal experience, commercial free range chickens taste
the same.

Home grown? That's totally different......

Not sure why, could be the breed of the bird or the feed used, as well
as the age of said bird.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.