Posted to rec.food.baking
Joy Joy is offline

Default Would like opinions on ovens

We are looking to replace our old gas range with a convection oven and
wanted to know if anyone had a strong opinion on brands...

There is a nice
Frigidaire PLGFZ390 and GLGF388
a GE JGB916 and
a Bosch HGS7152

I can't find any reviews on the Bosch. Does anyone lean greatly toward or
away from Frigidaire, GE or Bosch ranges and microwaves?

Since our old unit had a microwave built in (I TOLD you it was old), we
have to replace that, too. Since it goes over the oven, it should look the
same.

Bosch only makes one stainless steel microwave (HMV9305) so that would be
a given.

There is a Frigidaire PLMV169 and a GE JVM1870 and JVM207.

Is it worth the extra for the GE or the Bosch? They all seem like they
would do what I need.

Also, is a fifth (center) burner really useful? Seems like it would be
difficult to get five pots on at once.

Thanks so much for info to help me make this once-in-twenty-years decision!

Joy