Posted to rec.food.cooking
laurie laurie is offline

Default What to serve with Prime Rib?

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...

> Jude,
>
> Personally, I'd serve baked potatoes instead of mashed 'so any blood from
> the prime rib could "contaminate" the mashed.
>
> Another familiar side dish is asparagus.
>
> Simple tossed salad with several dressings and oil/vinegar.
>
> Popovers instead of dinner rolls are simple and extravagant, imho.
>
> Have fun,
>
> Andy

I did consider asparagus as that seemed naturally elegant but unfortunately
noone here likes it, so that kind of crosses it off the list.

The salad is perfect because I can delegate that. Just not to my mother in
law who doesn't wash the lettuce.

I've never done popovers. Interesting idea. Thanks.

laurie