Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young Nancy Young is offline

Default What to serve with Prime Rib?

"The Bubbo" > wrote

> Jude wrote:
>> laurie wrote:

>>> none of them seem like they'd compliment the Rib. I have a wonderful

> recipe
>>> for chicken broccoli and ziti but is that too overhwhelming with the
>>> main
>>> meal?

Definitely, it just doesn't go. I would steam a bunch of nice asparagus
in the microwave, that's really easy. How about some kind of green bean
almondine, like that? I picture a green vegetable and baked or mashed
potatoes. Just a thought.

>>> No
>>> green bean casseroles because a) neither my husband or I like it and b)
>>> know none of you would help me if i said I was going to make it.

That's funny

>> Yorkshire pudding.

> YORKSHIRE PUDDING!!!

I have made these popovers from epicurious (thanks, Dams, for looking it up
for me),
and they came out really well. I prefer them to yorkshire pudding, but
that's just me.
I used a muffin pan and filled the cups in a checkerboard pattern.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/re...ws/views/11439

Classic Popovers

2 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
1 cup minus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 375°F. Generously grease six 2/3-cup popover tins
or nine 1/2-cup muffin tins.
In a bowl whisk together eggs, milk, and water and add butter in a stream,

whisking. Add flour and salt and whisk mixture until combined well but still

slightly lumpy. Divide batter among tins and bake in lower third of oven 45
minutes.

Cut a slit about 1/2 inch long on top of each popover with a small sharp
knife

and bake 10 minutes more.

Makes 6 large or 9 medium popovers.
Gourmet