Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default foil on bottom of oven?

Oh pshaw, on Thu 23 Nov 2006 03:00:00p, ~xy~ meant to say...

>> > Is it safe to put aluminium foil on the bottom of the oven to make
>> > clean up easier?

>> That's what I do. It makes clean up easier. I have always had a layer
>> of foil on the bottom of my oven. Just make sure the foil doesn't cover
>> any vents or heating ducts.

> The reflective heat will cause your elements to self-destruct
> prematurely if it is an electric oven.

I rather doubt that. I've kept either foil or a foil liner pan in every
electric oven I've ever owned and no element ever self-destructed. One range
was over 15 years old and stlil going strong when we moved.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Useless Invention: Solar powered night light.