Posted to alt.food.sushi
Dan Logcher[_1_] Dan Logcher[_1_] is offline

Default Whole Foods Sushi

James Silverton wrote:
> Generally, I have not been very complimentary about super-market sushi
> but today, since I was hungry and in a hurry, I picked up a "Rainbow
> Roll" and some Edamame at the Whole Foods place in Rockville, MD. The
> fish *was* "sushi quality" even the parts with eel and altogether I
> enjoyed it. The people making the sushi look of Japanese extraction and
> my only criticism concerned the meager quantities of soy sauce and
> wasabi. I would argue with their use of uncolored pickled ginger since
> it looks unappetizing to me but what can you expect from organic nuts?

There's a Whole Foods less than 5 minutes from my office, which I occasionally
visit for their sushi. The fish quality is good, but the rice lacks some
flavor. Overall its ok, but it leaves me wanting a real sushi meal.

It must be a WF policy to only put one packet of soy in the package. At least
they leave out a container of packets, along with packets of "Real Wasabi".
I wish I had a good sushi bar close by..

--
Dan