Posted to alt.food.asian
Dee Randall Dee Randall is offline

Default recommendation for best Oyster sauce

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 01:19:36 -0500, Dan Logcher wrote:
>
>> I just bought a new bottle of the LKK Panda sub-brand.. I usually
>> bought the other one, but I saw this and one and got it. I'll keep
>> an eye for the better one.

> I just used some of the Panda this morning (in a chow fun with
> Mae Ploy red curry paste and extra blachan/terrasi). It's
> better than I remember, but still not quite as good.
>
> -sw

Thanks for all of your recommendations. I found in a book this morning by
Von Tropp, "The Modern Art of Chinese Cooking" that she recommends on p.
558:

"Hop Sing Lung Oyster Sauce Company, 14 oz bottle with a colorful picture of
China's favorite mythologicl beast (a cross between a dragon, a lion, and a
horse) on a small label around the neck of the bottle. It is the ONLY oyster
sauce I have tasted that is properly rich, flavorful and gelatinous. I keep
oyster sauce in the refriator where it keeps indefinitely."

Thanks, all.
Dee