Posted to rec.food.cooking
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default Kitchenaid mixer paddle is staining food

wrote:
> Does anyone elses kitchenaid mixer paddle leave gray stains on the
> food? It's particularly obvious on cheesecake, with gray swirly
> markings on the finished product. Have seen when mixing cornbread also.
>
> Any ideas?

Are they cast aluminum? All the attachments for my Kitchenaid (except
the whisk) are made of steel coated with some kind of tough plastic --
almost like enamel but tougher and not as hard. I bought it almost 20
years ago. What you are describing sounds like aluminum.

Bob