Posted to rec.food.drink.beer
LT LT is offline

Default pain reliever + beer

> Indometacin (Indocin) is a prescription only anti inflammatory drug used
> to treat arthritis. Ibuprofen has a similar action but is less powerful
> with fewer side effects. You could try taking over the counter ibuprofen
> and see how much it helps, but you should really discuss this with your
> doctor. Don't take the two drugs at the same time unless your doctor tells
> you to.
>
> Some people advocate taking an ibuprofen dose before going to bed after a
> heavy session. The anti inflammatory action reduces brain inflammation
> which is the cause of some hangover headaches.
>
> Paul

Thanks Paul, Thankfully, I've not had a big arthritis flair up in a while.
But when I do, Indocin really knocks it out quickly. Little aces and pains,
the OTC stuff is a much better choice though. I really hate taking meds, of
any type, because they all have some sort of side effect, even if you don't
notice them right off.

Larry T