Posted to rec.food.drink.beer
GregS GregS is offline

Default pain reliever + beer

In article >, (GregS) wrote:
>In article . net>, "LT"
> > wrote:
>>

>>> Hi, I'm new here and trying to learn about good beer. I've never
>>> posted here before but this is something I know about. Ibuprofen, my
>>> friends and I call it Vitamin "I". Great for the aches and pains of
>>> "older" age. Take it before strenuous exercise or work to get it into
>>> your system.
>>>
>>> I work in a Brewery and I'm sitting back and enjoying one of our
>>> products, Sam Adams Winter Lager.
>>>
>>> It used to be quanity, now it's quality.

>>Unfortunately I like both "Q's" which is hard on the wallet.
>>
>>I've never thought of pain killers of any type as preventative, or take
>>pre-pain.

>It helps keep the body's joints from swelling, just as Aspirin
>can do. Tylenol does nothing for inflamation except reduce
>pain.

I was trimming a tree one day standing on a ladder near the house.
I fell sideways with my arm grabbing the windowsill, except
my arm was not in the right position. I tore my shoulder joint
pretty bad. I also screwed up my ankle. I thought oh shit. I
stood up and tried raising my arm and it came out of socket,
put arm back in quickly. Well, the first thing I did ws go in the
house and consume two tabs of Ibuprophen to keep swelling down,
and pain, allthough i was not in very much pain at the time. I went
out and finished gathering up twigs and bundling them. But
there was never much pain, and I'm sure taking the drug soon helped.
A month later I got rotator cuff surgery, and talk about pain!!

greg