kalanamak

Default what's the easiest way to remove meat from a coconut shell?

Bob wrote:

> The subject says it all; what's the best way to remove the meat from a
> coconut shell? I already figured out how to crack it open, but
> removing the meat from the shell has proven to be difficult.
>
> I'm actually not interested in the meat for eating, I just want to
> remove the meat from the shell so I can use the shell for art purposes
> without it going rancid.

Put the shells in a 350 oven until the meat just starts to get warmed.
It will "shrink" a little and pull away from the shell. You can then
shred it, and save it in packets in the freezer, pulling out one at a
time to make milk in the food processor, or to make curries with.
HTH
blacksalt