Posted to rec.food.cooking
Little Malice Little Malice is offline

Default Too many cucumbers!

One time on Usenet, Ken Knecht > said:

> My neighbor gave me about a dozen fat cucumbers yesterday. I tried to
> politely refuse them but she wouldn't let me.
>
> What can I do with them? The only thing I use cucumbers for is salad and
> it's getting too cold weather for that and there are far too many. I'm
> not into making pickles.
>
> Any suggestions?

Hmmm, cucumber and onion with vinegar, water, and a bit of
sugar (and S&P)? Cucumber and tomato sandwiches (DH loves 'em).
Cucumber soup? I've never made it, but I did find a recipe that
sounds quite interesting:

http://www.pbs.org/hemingwayadventure/recipe1_02.html

I'd use mint instead of dill, but that's a personal thang...

--
"Little Malice" is Jani in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~