Louis Cohen

Default Taylor pork roll recipes?

I've never heard of these - it sounds like some kind of sausage, and I'm
sure it's good.

If you like pieces of roast pork to put on a sandwich, or in an omelets, try
this:

- Buy a pork butt/shoulder/picnic, preferable bone-in; this can often be
found for a buck per pound. more or less
- slather the outside with cheap yellow mustard, and season liberally with
your favorite rub (or salt + pepper + garlic)
- roast in the oven fat side up or preferably BBQ at 220-250° until it
reaches an internal temp of 195°; plan on 1.5 hrs/lb, more or less
- remove from heat, let rest for 30 minutes
- the meat should pull right off the bone
- sauce if you like

The little shreds of pork are just great in sandwiches, on/with eggs, on a
tortilla, or just as a snack. It freezers very well, especially in a vacuum
sealer.

----
Louis Cohen
Living la vida loca at N37° 43' 7.9" W122° 8' 42.8"