smithfarms pure kona

Default what's the easiest way to remove meat from a coconut shell?

On 3 Jun 2004 10:31:52 -0700, (Bob) wrote:

>The subject says it all; what's the best way to remove the meat from

>coconut shell? I already figured out how to crack it open, but
>removing the meat from the shell has proven to be difficult.
>
>I'm actually not interested in the meat for eating, I just want to
>remove the meat from the shell so I can use the shell for art

purposes
>without it going rancid.
>
>So methods that ruin the meat are perfectly acceptable for my

purposes

5
>minutes and came to the conclusion that it would take a real long
>time.
>

>Thanks!

Try gently heating the shell. There is a lot of oil in a coconut and
it might make it shrink from the shell. A similar thing works with
Macadamias which can be shell stuck too.

Good luck. BTW the coconut meant, if it is white, is really tasty.
aloha,
Thunder

http://www.smithfarms.com
Farmers & Sellers of 100%