Katra

Default Freeze tortillas?

In article >,
(WardNA) wrote:

> >put some wax paper
> >between them

> Entirely unnecessary. The only important things are to make sure you've
> wrapped them air-tight and to thaw them completely before attempting to use
> them.

My point is dear, that if you put wax paper between them, you don't have
to thaw out the entire package. You can take out just what you want to
use.

I cook for 2 people. Me and dad. A package of 50 tortillas will last us
a year!

And I don't want to spend the freezer space to package a bunch of little
packages with 2 to 4 tortillas in them. :-P

> Since the quality of commercial tortillas varies so much, you may or may not
> be
> used to the delight of a truly fresh (corn) tortilla from a really top-notch
> supplier. Freezing them will certainly deteriorate their special moist
> tenderness and aroma, and may hurt their ability to balloon in hot oil. But
> so
> will storing them for a day in the fridge after opening the package.
>
> Neil

Ok.

K.

--