Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy[_2_] Andy[_2_] is offline

Default what to serve with artichokes

Jude said...

> Don't get spinach now!! Save that one for next month!!
>
> Funny you asked, we're having artichokes tonight for my daughter's
> birthday dinner. She's turning 10, and whole steamed artichokes are her
> favorite food in the world! (That and mac& cheese) I paid $3.99 apiece
> for em at the gourmet market - ouch! But they told me they had been
> 4.99 last week, so i count my blessings.

Why wait a month for spinach? Did they remove the frozen spinach from the
supermarket freezers, too?

On the flip side, Southeastern PA hasn't gotten fresh or affordable
artichokes in months. They don't even squeak!

I hate putting up with the jarred or frozen bagged artichoke hearts.
They're more leaves than heart. The BUMS!!!

Andy