Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jude Jude is offline

Default what to serve with artichokes

Dawn wrote:
> Andy wrote:
>

> > Eggs Sardou
> >
> > Toasted English muffins (open-faced) a layer of sauted spinach followed
> > by an artichoke heart, followed by a poached egg and drowned in
> > hollendaise sauce.
> >
> > Sad thing is, I haven't had it in as many years! [sigh]
> >

> That sounds good, too. I've done eggs benedict before, I'll have to see
> if I can remember to get the artichokes and spinach and try it. Thanks!
>

> Dawn

Don't get spinach now!! Save that one for next month!!

Funny you asked, we're having artichokes tonight for my daughter's
birthday dinner. She's turning 10, and whole steamed artichokes are her
favorite food in the world! (That and mac& cheese) I paid $3.99 apiece
for em at the gourmet market - ouch! But they told me they had been
4.99 last week, so i count my blessings.

So, for her decadent birthday dinner, here's our menu.

Starter: steamed shrimp with green goddess dipping sauce

Main meal: mini quiches with jarlsburg cheese, steamed artichokes with
lemon butter, and orzo pasta. Possibly a green salad to add an element
of crunch. And a bowl of fresh raspberries.

Dessert: cake of course!