Posted to rec.food.cooking
Carla Gilliss Carla Gilliss is offline

Default Christmas Scotch Cookies (aka shortbread cookies)

I have also tried the scotch cookies made with out cornstarch. I think the
difference (personally, that is) is that the cookies with cornstarch seem
to almost melt in your mouth. They break apart very easily when you eat
them. I usually use an inverted shot glass (This is the only reason that I
have one I don't drink) to cut the perfect 1-1 1/2 inch circle. Just the
right size for little hands.

Carla