Scott

Default Espresso coffee substitute?

In article >,
Jonski > wrote:

> I have a recipe for chocolate mousse that calls for 1/4 cup of hot
> espresso. I don't have an espresso machine, but do have a percolator
> and a Bodum plunge pot.
>
> Any suggestions to get that rich creaminess of espresso by other
> methods?

You won't really notice the creaminess of espresso in a mousse; the
creaminess is from an emulsion of coffee oils, and the mousse should
have plenty of fat to substitute. Make some good quality coffee in that
Bodum. Use a coffee with good body, like a Sumatran or a
Nicaraguan--freshly roasted, of course.

And toss the percolator while you're at it.

please mail OT responses only