Posted to rec.food.equipment
Viviane[_1_] Viviane[_1_] is offline

Default removing strong smoky smell from microwave

You could try wiping down the insides with vanilla essence. I know that
works for smells in the fridge. I agree that children need to learn how to
fend for themselves - the difficulty is where to draw the line between
learning from experience and possibly not living to tell the tale! I will
have to go through all this - my daughter is nearly 9 and very adventurous
in the kitchen. There but for the grace of god go I.....