Posted to rec.food.preserving
Melba's Jammin'[_1_] Melba's Jammin'[_1_] is offline

Default Watermelon Rind Pickle - serve with what?

In article >,
"Jke" > wrote:

> > when Barb sent me a jar (a *small* jar....and I haven't made them myself
> > yet).....I stood in front of the opened fridge and ate them out of the
> > jar......
> >
> > ....with my fingers......
> >
> > ;-P
> >

> I can see that. This stuff here is delcious, too, and I am sure anything
> Barb makes is much better than that.
>
> > Kathi

Here's one of my favorite sayings:
"The woman with a reputation as an early riser can sleep until noon."
Get it? LOL!
I am now back from the Y, the farmers market, coffee with the Church
Women in Exile, and the supermarket. I yam about to forge into Tomato
Stuff. On the docket: Tomatoes with Green Pepper, Celery, and Onion;
Chili Sauce, Tomato Juice, another batch of Corn Relish (with the deep
and sincere hope that the corn will not be tough when I'm finished with
it!! Grrrrr. <see remarks at http://web.mac.com/barbschaller>)
And I still have peaches in the fridge that should be used today. Could
be Chutney.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://jamlady.eboard.com