Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy2 Nancy2 is offline

Default How long 2 boil corn on the cob?

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> In article >,

> Boiling COC is a horrible way to treat such a succulent treat!
>
> I nuke it whole in the husk, others grill it same way.
>
> Cook it IN the husk for maximum yummyness!!!

Grilled in the husk - soak the ears in water for about 20 minutes or
so. That way, you don't have to worry about the grill burning any of
the kernels.

Yup, back in the day, microwaves weren't invented yet and men weren't
the grillers they are now. LOL.

I don't have a grill and always put mine in boiling water, but 7 to 10
minutes is WAY too long to cook corn, no matter how you like it.

If you like yours not so "al dente," boiling water will cook them
thoroughly in 1-2 minutes, max. Don't salt the water - it's better if
you sprinkle salt and pepper on the cooked ears after smearing them
with butter. That way, each diner can control their own salt.

N.