Posted to rec.food.cooking
Christine Dabney Christine Dabney is offline

Default The Time-Life Cookbooks: Foods of the World series

Heya folks,

A bunch of us in chat tonight got to talking about the Time-Life
series, The Foods of The World. Seems like most of us, at least in
chat, have a few volumes of that series.

We were talking about how it was some of our first gourmet cooking,
and about some of the dishes that were pictured there...

How many of you have some or all of these volumes? Did you do any
cooking from them? Are the pages soiled with your drooling over some
of the dishes pictured in those books? Any favorite dishes from this
series?

Some of my volumes are heavily stained. I have the whole series..and
I know I cooked a lot from the earlier volumes.

I was googling for this series online, and realized that there were
some noted food writers that T-L enlisted to write them...like MFK
Fisher, Waverly Root, Joseph Wechsberg, James Beard, Craig
Claiborne...and probably a lot more that I can't remember. My own
series will be out of storage come this next week, and I can't wait to
rediscover it.. Maybe even do some cooking from them...

What are your experiences with this landmark series?

Christine