Posted to rec.food.cooking
Puester Puester is offline

Default Birds in the grocery store!

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> All three of our local supermarkets, due to the size of the ceilings,
> have a small population of wild birds that live inside of them. ;-)
> Mostly sparrows.
>

> They could always poison them but more would just come in. It's a
> problem with automated doors.
>
> Anyone else?

Our grocery stores trap them and release (state law, maybe?) but I have
noticed quite a few in Home Depot and Lowe's. Also the main terminal at
our airport (DIA) has a few which nest in the supports of the tent roofs
and in the big potted trees. Little kids love to see them.

Our friends at the seashore in Massachusetts have a barn swallow that
makes a nest every year on top of the drive box for their electric
garage door opener. They watch for her and leave the side door open for
easy access once she has laid eggs.

When my daughter lived outside San Diego they had various hummingbird
nets in the big Deodar cedar in the front yard. We watched by the hours.

All of those are relatively whimsical compared to the ravens which are
nesting in the tops of a few of our Ponderosa pines. They are big,
ugly, and mean and dive bomb pets as well as us when we are outdoors.

gloria p