Posted to rec.food.cooking
kilikini[_2_] kilikini[_2_] is offline

Default Birds in the grocery store!

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> All three of our local supermarkets, due to the size of the ceilings,
> have a small population of wild birds that live inside of them. ;-)
> Mostly sparrows.
>
> Wal-mart and the super HEB have a few grackles as well.
>
> They even reproduce, I can hear the babies in some of the more sheltered
> places in the ceilings.
>
> Does not bother me, I find it to be rather charming! I just make sure I
> wash my produce. I think they are cute and am impressed that the store
> management leaves them alone.
>
> They could always poison them but more would just come in. It's a
> problem with automated doors.
>
> Anyone else?
> --

When I was living in Hawaii, the doors were always open in our local Sack N
Save to catch the tradewinds; I guess it made air-conditioning cheaper.
Birds were in the grocery store all the time! I loved hearing their chirps
and watching them fly around the store while I was shopping. I figured they
fared better inside than out because they had fruit and vegetables to live
on. There was never less than two or three in the store at any given time.

I thought it was nice. Hearing them sing made me happy.

kili