Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_3_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_3_] is offline

Default Birds in the grocery store!

In article >,
TopKat > wrote:

> In article >,
> says...
> > All three of our local supermarkets, due to the size of the ceilings,
> > have a small population of wild birds that live inside of them. ;-)
> > Mostly sparrows.
> >
> > Wal-mart and the super HEB have a few grackles as well.
> >
> > They even reproduce, I can hear the babies in some of the more sheltered
> > places in the ceilings.
> >
> > Does not bother me, I find it to be rather charming! I just make sure I
> > wash my produce. I think they are cute and am impressed that the store
> > management leaves them alone.
> >
> > They could always poison them but more would just come in. It's a
> > problem with automated doors.
> >
> > Anyone else?
> >

> I see/hear them too. I kind of like them chirping away while I'm
> shopping. I get a chuckle out of my local Farmer Jack...they put a big
> gaylord of birdseed right outside the door and the sparrows are
> practically living in it.

I like that idea..... :-)
I asked one of the clerks the other day what the sparrows live on, she
said mostly spilled dog food. They do have bird seed on the pet isle
tho' and not all the bags are intact.
--
Peace!
Om