Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress[_1_] Damsel in dis Dress[_1_] is offline

Default Recipe for a Frosting That Won't Melt in the Heat

This is wonderful stuff. Tastes like whipping cream to me, but it
stands up to the worst heat and humidity. I have witnesses. Crash and
I brought a birthday cake for Barb Schaller to a Minneapolis cook-in,
and it was yummy and invincible. If you're baking a cake for
Independence Day, this might be a good frosting to use on it.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Creamy White Frosting

Recipe By :Gail Wallen
Serving Size : 18 Preparation Time :0:20
Categories : Cakes and Frostings Signature Dishes

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 egg white -- beaten foamy*
2/3 cup skim milk -- lukewarm
1 teaspoon vanilla

1. With electric mixer, cream together the butter, shortening, and
sugar.
2. Add egg white and beat well.
3. Add milk and vanilla, and beat for 10 minutes.

"This luscious frosting tastes like whipped cream!"
Source:
"RFC 3/10/1999"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
-

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 143 Calories; 11g Fat (66.6%
calories from fat); 1g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber;
14mg Cholesterol; 60mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk;
2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : Stands up well to heat and humidity.

For just us, I use a real egg white. For others, I use powdered egg
white that I buy he
http://www.maidofscandinavia.com/

Frosts: 2 - 9" layers or 1 -13x9" oblong